Well I was woken up at 8am buy the guys who came to remove the chair of the stair lift, only they removed the whole thing – YEY!! No useless stair lift!!
Then my Grandparents came over and we went to B&Q and bought:
- 2 long off cuts of wood (good enough to make 3 shelves out of!!) = £2.50 …yes that wasn’t a typo!! Because they were “off cuts” they were super super cheap!!
- 6 wall brackets = £2.98 each
- 2 shelving wall mounts for adjustable brackets/shelving = £7.98 each
- 1 very long banister rail = £35
- 1 bag of 5 banister mounts = £20
- 1 bag of 3 banister mounts = £10 (marked down as someone had stolen 2 out of the bag!!)
- 10mm threaded rod for my clip-it-up = £4.48
- 10mm x6 nuts = £1.98
- 10mm x30 washers = £2.48
- 3 corner shelving units = £2.98 each
- Light switch replacement = £2
- 3 socket single socket adapter = £15
Granddad and Josshua installed rail 1 of 2 this afternoon while myself and Grandma worked on the craft room wallpaper. :D
Banister Rail Part 1 of 2:
Craft Room Wallpaper Progress & More:
|Window wall where I am going to have the shelving mounted...|
|Voile curtain in black, what's the thoughts??|
Anway, that's that... My Grandparents arrived at 11.30am-ish and left at 7pm-ish and said they'd be back tomorrow or Sunday to finish the work (banister and shelving). I offtered for them to stay the night but they declined, made their excuses and left - which is fine by me :D :) So very productive day even though now I feel like I am going to die!! PAINFUL ME!