Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Move in 6 days time. (Some sneak house photos)

Hey all,

So we've been very busy packing and yesterday we actually got the keys to the property.  My wonderful Grandparents have been doing some work on the house (removed the fire place ready to install the faux wall) as I requested them to do, but now it's looking like it might be best to have the whole chimney breast removed!!  So they're going to consult a builder about that for me.  Which would mean our kitchen would be bigger and such which would be fantastic but a big job.  So that's the updates there oh and apparently my two trees in the backgarden are covered in pink blossom and there's been a number of squirrel sightings!!

We're very excited about the move and such, Sunday/Monday and still feels there's so much to do!  How can two people have so much stuff in a one bedroom flat!!????!!?!?!

Anyway, I said I wasn't going to show you any of the house as I wanted it to be a suprise but then I thought I'd give a little sneak peek of part of my livingroom/diner and the work done to it!!  Warning demolition is not a pretty sight!!

Before!!  (We want to remove the fireplace so we can install some units to create a big entertainment center to house all our console systems and more!!)




After!!  WARNING SHOCKING!  ~ We didn't realise the fireplace was plastered into the wall and the chimney is still a working chimney and not blocked off.  We're (as mentioned) going to install a faux wall infront of the fireplace.  I also had my grandad remove the rail from this secton of the wall which was also plastered in - WONDERFUL:







2 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! Looks like you have a bit of plastering to do! It'll all be worth it in the end when you are settled in :) I am moving in tow weeks as well so I know how stressful it can be! Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be ok... I have helping hands (well not my hands, I'm disabled, I'd just get in the way and make a big mess). Lol. Good luck with your move too :) I look forward too hearing how it goes :D :D :) YEY!! And thank you! Imogen xX

      Delete