Sunday, 29 January 2012

Storage & Recycling: Jars!!


Hello again,

So a while we got some jars (coffee) which had unusual stopper tops and not twist tops (see pic) and so I thought to myself they were far too nice just to throw away or put in a recycling bin! So I decided to use them for beads, buttons, sequins, ribbons and various other findings. - The reason I am mentioning this is because there's so much reusable stuff out there and the amount of people who go out and buy storage containers for findings and such is unreal as is the prices of the containers!! I went down to my local crafty place and for £3.99 I could buy an empty container with 3 dividers!! But for £2.49 I can buy a jar full of coffee, drink the coffee and reuse the jar! Besides there's other jars out there if you don't like coffee such as jam jars and other spread jars: marmalade, chocolate, peanut butter and much more!! ~ Just thoughts.

Another quick tip for removing lables: Make a bowl (washing up bowl/sink) of very hot water and add washing up liquid to gain the bubbles. Sink the jars/bottles into the water and leave until water is cold. Removing lables and glue is now very easy... enjoy.

Imogen xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment