Tuesday, 31 January 2012

My First Scrapbooking Attempt: Tag!

Please click on the pic to enlarge!

So as mentioned in previous blogs I am going to start scrapbooking and so I have started to do a mini album junk journal or smash book and I started off trying to create a tag because it looked fun and this is what I came up with in less than 10 minutes and I am super impressed and super happy with it.

Imogen xoxox

----------------------------------------------
What I did:
i. I used one of my bought tags and removed the string, I then traced around it and cut out a piece of silver glitter card.

ii. I also really liked the packaging that the stationary kit came in so cut that up and made the black and white strip accorss the card and glued on with PVA white glue.

iii. The butterfly embelishment I bought in a large pack of pink butterflies and flowers as mentioned in yesterdays haul scrapbooking blog (1) and so used this one (which has a sticky dot on it!) with some additional fabric glue. I also left the left big wing of the butterfly (so its not glued down) to make room for a picture space.

iv. I then took the brown tag and measured out equal journaling lines and drew them on with a black fineliner. I then also did the butterfly using pink and silver gel pens to colour it in.

v. I glued the tag to the glitter card using regretable PVA white glue.

vi. Once dried I punched out a hole.

vii. I stuck the ribbon through giving it a bit of a twist and using a lighter to fuse the edges so it doesn't fray!

viii. Then I used a very small hair braiding band in black to tie the ribbon.

----------------------------------------------
Two tips:
1. When you cut ribbon to stop it fraying and fraying and fraying seal it shut by holding it close to a lit flame.
2, Hair braiding band make for also sorts of fastenings if you want a good strong hold but not a perminant fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment